Our role in education
The Charity's main emphasis is to make grants in the field of education in three
- Individual grants to support the education and training of teachers
- Grants to organisations to support teachers and research and development in religious
- Grants to develop the church's educational work in the dioceses of Chelmsford
and St Albans.
Celebrating good creative RE.
The competition for the 2014 Hockeill NATRE Prize for Innovation in RE Teaching is now open. If you are a creative Teacher of RE or know of an excellent Teacher of RE then look at the following information on how to enter this competion
2013 Hockerill NATRE Prize
We have pleasure in announcing the 2013 Prize Winners
What is the Hockerill Foundation?
The Hockerill Educational Foundation was established as a charity in 1977, following
the closure of Hockerill College of Education. The Charity's main emphasis is
to make grants in the field of education.
What kinds of grants are available?
The foundation offers three type of grants:
- To individuals,
- To organisations and corporate bodies, and
- To religious bodies within the dioceses of Chelmsford and St. Alban
How do I apply for funding?
The main purpose of this website is to facilitate
the application process for funding from the Hockerill Foundation.
Before applying for funding make sure you fulfill elegibility requirements set in
the Grants page.
...how to apply