Our role in education
The Charity's main emphasis is to make grants in the field of education in three
- Individual grants to support the education and training of teachers
- Grants to organisations to support teachers and research and development in religious
- Grants to develop the church's educational work in the dioceses of Chelmsford
and St Albans.
Hockerill NATRE Prize for Innovation in RE Teaching
The Competition for the 2015 Hockerill NATRE Prize is now open. If you
are a creative Teacher of RE, or you know of an excellent teacher of RE
then look at the following information on how to enter the competition
Individual and Corporate Grants in 2015
The application process for Grants for the 2015-16 Academic year is now
open. Please go to the appropriate pages on our website.
...read more on grants
2014 Hockerill NATRE Prize Winners
We have pleasure in announcing the 2014 Prize Winners
What is the Hockerill Foundation?
The Hockerill Educational Foundation was established as a charity in 1977, following
the closure of Hockerill College of Education. The Charity's main emphasis is
to make grants in the field of education.
What kinds of grants are available?
The foundation offers three type of grants:
- To individuals,
- To organisations and corporate bodies, and
- To religious bodies within the dioceses of Chelmsford and St. Alban
How do I apply for funding?
The main purpose of this website is to facilitate
the application process for funding from the Hockerill Foundation.
Before applying for funding make sure you fulfill elegibility requirements set in
the Grants page.
...how to apply